Chinese medicine is a true healing secret. Our registered herbalists focus on healing and prevention and provide traditional Chinese medicine treatments tailored to your needs! We also offer quality acupuncture services and natural remedies such as Chinese massage and nutritional advice that address your specific needs - whether an injury from sports, chronic pain in the lower back, or stress and anxiety from work. Visit us today to learn more about how Chinese medicine Adelaide can help you achieve optimum health and wellness!
What is Traditional Chinese herbal medicine?
Traditional Chinese herbal medicine is a healthcare system practised for centuries in China. Its theory of balance and harmony between the body, mind, and spirit laid the foundation of healing art. Chinese medicine also seeks to restore this balance when it is in trouble. Chinese herbs focus on solving each individual's unique symptoms and constitution. Herbs are often in formulas and given in many forms and types.
Chinese Medicine (Materia Medica - a pharmacological reference book used by TCM practitioners) includes thousands of medicinal substances—primarily plants and some minerals and animal products. Different parts of plants, such as the leaves, roots, stems, flowers, and seeds many forms.
Chinese herbal medicine is a holistic approach to healthcare that can use to treat a wide range of conditions. It is effective in treating both acute and chronic conditions, as well as preventing illness. Chinese herbs can integrate with other Chinese medicine modalities such as acupuncture, Chinese massage, and nutritional advice.
How does a Chinese Herbalist prescribe Chinese herbal medicine?
Traditional Chinese herbal medicine uses two or more substances in the formulations. Thus, it creates a balanced, synergistic effect that reflects the holistic nature of the diagnosis.
There are thousands of traditional herbal formulas for every imaginable condition. The registered herbalists almost always modify the formula to suit the subtle nuances of the patient's condition and constitution. Therefore, the herbal formula's modification makes each formulation highly individualised.
Our Chinese medicine Adelaide clinic's formulations are in many different forms:
- Chinese herbal decoctions - China's traditional method of preparing a herbal formula. Decoctions can involve lengthy preparation and result in "teas". They are infamous for their strong taste and aroma. Because of this, decoctions are not as popular or widely used in the west.
- Extracted medicinal herbal granules - This is our clinic's primary form of herbal medicine. It dissolves hot water to make tea. Moreover, they are more convenient to prepare to use and less intense than traditional decoctions.
- Patent herbal formulas - Pre-made herbal formulations, in pill or tablet form, is perhaps the most widely used form of Chinese herbal medicine outside China.
- Syrups - Soothing preparations for coughs and sore throat are also easy for taking the herbal formulations to children.
- Liniments, salves, compresses and plasters - Used for external application.
Chinese herbal medicine is one of the most famous traditional Chinese medicine treatments. It uses herbs to treat diseases, improve health, and prevent illnesses.
What are the benefits of Chinese herbal medicine?
Chinese herbal medicine can treat a wide range of conditions. Benefits include:
- Relief from pain and inflammation
- Increased energy and stamina
- Improved digestion
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved sleep quality
- Enhanced immunity
- Balanced hormones
- Increased fertility
Is Chinese Medicine Safe?
- Chinese herbal medicine is generally safe when used in a formula. Because of the nature of the Chinese medicine formula, creation fundamentals emphasise balancing herbs' desired treatment function enhancement and toxicity control.
- Contamination in modern agriculture of herbal plants may be subject to various harmful contaminations such as pesticides, heavy metals and environmental pollution. At City Acupuncture, we are thriving to use the highest quality medicinal extract powder from the raw herbal plants to guarantee the herbal medicine we prescribe is free from those harmful substances.
- Some herbs used in Chinese medicine can interact with drugs, have serious side effects, or be unsafe for people with certain medical conditions. Therefore, seeing our licenced Chinese medicine doctor for an individualised herbal formula is the way to get safe and effective treatment.
Is Chinese Medicine Effective?
An increasing weight of evidence from Western scientific research demonstrates the effectiveness of Chinese Medicine in treating a wide variety of conditions. There is a wide range of disorders that can benefit from Chinese herbal medicine treatment, such as:
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Stress, psychological and sleep disorders
- Hormonal balancing
- Beauty and anti-ageing
- Immune and energy enhancing.
- Detox and cleansing
- Pain management
- Circulatory disorders
- Respiratory disorders
- Liver and gallbladder
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Genito-urinary disorders
- Skin disorders
Keep in Mind
Tell your registered herbalist at City Acupuncture all the medication you are using to consider when prescribing herbal formula. Please give us a complete picture of what you do to manage your health, which will help ensure coordinated and safe care.
If you are looking for a natural way to improve your health and wellbeing, Chinese herbal medicine in Adelaide may be the right choice. Contact us today to book an appointment with one of our experienced Chinese herbalists!
How Can We Help
City Acupuncture Pain Clinic offers gentle but powerful laser and traditional acupuncture and Chinese medicine treatment in Adelaide CBD. All health funds recognise our registered acupuncturists and Chinese medicine practitioners. Therefore, rebate claims are very efficient and straightforward through HICAPS facilities onsite. In your first visit, we start working with preliminary examinations such as pulse taking, tongue checking, physical palpation, and assessment. Then we will collect all related information about your diet, overall lifestyle, exposure to toxins, hereditary factors and medications. Consequently, by working with both the symptoms and cause, we will form a treatment plan for your approval and treatments to follow. Doing so can provide the most personalised therapy with minimal side effects.
The Laser Acupuncture Adelaide's treatments are painless and non-invasive; they will not affect your daily lifestyle during the treatment plan. Your acupuncture treatment may combine with other alternative medicine, such as Chinese herbs, Tui-Na massage, cupping and laser acupuncture. It can also integrate with your other routine care and prescription medications.
Our acupuncture treatments are based on clinical evidence and will also improve your general health. Balancing the lifestyle and reducing stress can help you feel and function better.
Our mission is to help you enjoyably regain your health. Thus, we will work with you to find the best treatment solution for your healthcare needs, achieving quick and lasting pain relief. Furthermore, We are conveniently located in the CBD and easily accessible through private and public transport. Email or Call Us at (08) 8221 5880 now to learn more about our excellence in acupuncture and Chinese medicine, or schedule your consultation online today.